Title

The Art of Apollo Okamura

Warning!

WARNING!
If you've found this blog after googling my name regarding Rental properties, I DO NOT, and HAVE NOT ever owned any rental property.
The person you spoke to is using my name as a false identity! Please contact your local police and report them immediately!
If you wish to speak to me directly, you may contact me here, and I will be happy to answer any questions.

June 8, 2014

Beep Boop Beep Beep

It's been waaay too long!

I had hoped to make it a new year's resolution to update the blog at least once a month; but, I'll spare all of you the gory details. I will say that after two-and-a-half years, I'm no longer working for Toon Boom Animation. I still love their software, but sometimes it's better not seeing what happens behind the curtain.
 
I do have another job lined up, down the road; but until then, I thought I'd take the opportunity to stretch my drawing muscles again after barely touching a pencil during the last few years, and actually do some art stuffs!
 
So what's with the "beeps" and "boops"?  Many of you might know that despite me not being a fan of drawing robots, I tend to draw a LOT of them, and this month has been no exception! Here's the breakdown:
 
  • I'm creating my own table-top card game about -- fighting robots.
  • I'm finally learning Maya, and the first tutorial is to -- build a robot.
  • Finishing up an old piece of demo 2D animation -- of a Transformer.
  • And Palladium/Robotech fans might be happy to hear I'll be doing a few pieces of art for the upcoming sourcebook, Robotech Expeditionary Force Marines!
 
Lots of stuff to keep you all updated on!
And for my half-year resolution, I promise to update at least once a month!
 
Until the next post, here's an early thumbnail sketch of one of the upcoming Robotech pictures:


Work in Progress

No comments:

Post a Comment